The purposes for which our company will process your personal data include:
- Providing the requested services
Based on the requested services, we will use the respective personal data only in respect of providing our professional services including but not limited to credit financing, bridging loans, investments and sub-participation, assignment, transfer, novate, syndicate in relation to credit financing.
- Administration / Management / Business development
Personal data is used by us for the purpose of managing the business relationship with you, developing our business operations and services, including the provision of statistical analysis, and also archiving and IT backup and security purposes.
- Provide information about our services
Subject to your approval and consent, we will provide you with information on the company’s range of services, including commercial information and newsletters on a variety of related and associated operations.
You may withdraw your consent and unsubscribe from our newsletters anytime, by clicking the unsubscribe link located on all our e-newsletters and/or electronic commercial information or by contacting the DPO at the address above.
- Legal purposes
Our company is subject to legal and regulatory compliance obligations. Thus, your personal data will be used to carry out a compliance and risk assessment of your profile and activities to meet our obligations and to certify that our company is not statutorily prevented from providing you the requested services.
The personal data we have collected on you will be shared with fraud prevention agencies who are dedicated to fraud and money laundering prevention and identity verification services.
As part of the above compliance requirements and applicable laws, our company may be required to disclose specific personal data to supervisory and government bodies and law enforcement agencies.
- Automated decision – making / profiling
As part of the processing of your personal data, decisions may be made by automated means. This means we may automatically decide that you pose a fraud or money laundering risk if:
- our processing reveals your behaviour to be consistent with that of known fraudsters or money launderers; or is inconsistent with your previous submissions; or
- you appear to have deliberately hidden your true identity.
Likewise, we may use an automated decision-making system to evaluate, analyse or predict aspects concerning your credit worthiness, and our ability to provide the services in question; thus, enter or perform a contract.
You have rights in relation to automated decision making. If you want to know more, please contact us using the details above.
(Some of the above grounds for processing overlap and there may be several grounds which justify our use of your personal data).
When we and fraud prevention agencies process your personal data, we do so on the basis that we have a legitimate interest in preventing fraud and money laundering, and to verify identity, in order to protect our business and to comply with laws that apply to us. Such processing is also a contractual requirement of the services or financing you have requested.
Similarly, the basis for collecting your personal data would be your express written consent (where applicable), our mutual rights and obligations governing our agreement to provide the requested services or financing and the performance of that agreement, our legal obligation to comply with the rules and regulations under the relevant applicable laws and our company’s legitimate interest in delivering our professional services as follows:
- Determine whether or not to offer a loan;
- Manage any loan advanced through to redemption;
- Manage any relationship with intermediaries including a record of introductions, payments made and other relevant information appropriate to managing the relationship;
- Managing the relationship with funders or anyone applying to become a funder and to maintain appropriate records relevant to that relationship;
- To manage business relationships with our professional advisers, contractors and third party providers;
- Share information where necessary with funders, our professional advisers, contractors and third party providers and anyone who may wish to acquire all or any part of our business;
- Share information with other companies in the same group and associated companies;
- Carry out checks with fraud prevention and credit reference agencies and tracing agencies if required.
We, and fraud prevention agencies, may also enable law enforcement agencies to access and use your personal data to detect, investigate and prevent crime.
If we, or a fraud prevention agency, determine that you pose a fraud or money laundering risk, we may refuse to provide the services and financing you have requested, or to employ you, or we may stop providing existing services to you.
A record of any fraud or money laundering risk will be retained by the fraud prevention agencies and may result in others refusing to provide services and financing or employment to you. If you have any questions about this, please contact us on the details above.
We may request your written consent for processing special categories of data. If we do so, we shall provide you with full details of the information needed and the purpose, so that you can carefully consider whether you wish to consent. You should be aware that agreeing to any request for consent from our company is not a condition to enter into any services agreement with us.
We reserve the right to make backup data files and hold secure multiple copies of personal data (including any electronic copies), in order to protect our company’s interests in the event of data loss.