The Five Minute Interview with Chris Stylianides

Apply for Loan

Fields with asterisk are required
By submiting you accept the
Privacy Policy and Process of Data

London Credit is a London-based lender providing business bridging loans to British residents secured against commercial and residential property.

Offering speed, flexibility and the ability to lend on complex cases, London Credit offers loans from 100k to 3.5m, with funding provided in two weeks, up to 70% loan to value, with terms of 3 to 18 months.

London Credit provides bridging loans secured on residential, commercial and semi commercial real estate. It is an affiliated company of the Consulco Group founded in 1993.

We speak to business development manager Chris Styliandes:

What is the best thing about being in the bridging finance business?

The pace and pressure of the industry. I personally thrive off of it and love the fact that you can complete a deal in a matter of days and not months!

What keeps you focused?

Providing an optimum service to my brokers. Consistency on service quality is key to maintaining happy brokers.

What qualities do you look for in your employees or colleagues?

Depends on the role they are in but being committed, driven, enthusiastic are important traits to have in this industry.

Are you an optimist or a pessimist?

80% optimist the remaining 20% pessimist. Pessimism allows you to see the negative before it happens allowing you be five steps ahead of the game.

What did you want to be as a child?

An athlete. I was a 100m & 200m runner in my younger years, unfortunately injury didn’t allow me to progress.


What will be the greatest challenge facing the bridging finance industry in the coming months?

Covid and Brexit increasing market volatility and valuation uncertainty.

Who or what makes you laugh?

My 10 month old daughter, she is 10 months old going on 5 years! Nearly everyday, she has me laughing (well apart from when she keeps us up at night.)

Do you dread Monday mornings?

Why would you dread Monday mornings, if you love what you do then it shouldn’t matter what day it is.

If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?

Definitely taller and get my once refined six pack back.

With whom would you most like to have dinner?

My father, he passed away this year and what I would give to sit down and have another meal with him.

Chris Stylianides London Credit
14 October 2020

Latest
Articles

Increasingly, buy-to-let landlords are looking at the yields that others are getting from Houses of Multiple Occupation (HMOs) with envy.

11
Jul
2022

As we continue to mentally readjust to life after the worst of the pandemic, we find the property development market at an interesting place in time. As far as interest in bridging goes, things are recovering well. At London Credit for example, we are receiving a constant stream of enquiries from brokers.

14
Jun
2022

Capital cities are usually – but not always (think Canberra) – the economic epicentre and cultural lifeblood of a country. For the UK, London is so much more than that. It is a genuine ‘world city’ and in surveys its inhabitants often say they feel more affinity to residents of New York than Leeds or Birmingham, for example.

30
May
2022

Speak to anyone in the specialist market at the moment, and you’ll get a similar story. The desire from investors to purchase property, whether with the intention of doing it up and selling it on or retaining it for the long term, is as strong as ever.

17
Jan
2022

There is a real feeling of business getting back to normal at the moment across the bridging industry. It’s not just because of the excellent levels of activity we are still seeing, even after that first Stamp Duty holiday has passed, but also because of the return to face-to-face industry events.

5
Oct
2021